Saturday, December 24, 2011

Inspiration: Week 1

I would first like to say Merry Christmas!/Happy Hanuka!/Happy Yule! and I hope your holidays are going exceedingly well. Now onto business.

I was browsing through my Facebook page when I noticed my friend put up a link for "The 45 Most Powerful Images of 2011". Naturally, I clicked on it and started looking, some were powerful, beautiful, others sad and kind of disturbing. Now when I came to the last picture, picture 45, that one made me smile and I couldn't stop looking at it, I haven't written a story or anything to fit it, but it did give me an idea. So here's the picture and I hope it gives you even more Holiday cheer.


The description from the website, http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most-powerful-photos-of-2011:
"A U.S. Army soldier takes five with an Afghan boy during a patrol in Pul-e Alam, a town in Logar province, eastern Afghanistan."

To think that a little boy would high-five a US solider and smile so widely when everything around them is destruction. This is true Christmas spirit, to still be so happy and friendly when your world is not. Take this and either write a story about something it reminds you of, or apply it to your life.

                                             Happy Holidays,
                                                   Gypsy Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment